Admission to Nursery at Langley Primary School
Nursery provision at Langley Primary School is for children of 3 and 4 years of age.
Children can be admitted in the term after they become 3 years old. We admit children at the beginning of each term in September, January and April. Children who are born in the Autumn Term therefore could access nursery provision for five terms before they go into reception year.
All 3 to 4-year-olds are eligible for 15 hours free early education/ childcare. This is usually taken as three hours per day either in the morning or afternoon.
Some 3 to 4-year-olds are eligible for 30 hours free early education/ childcare a week. Check here to see if you are eligible.
If you are not eligible for 30 hours free early education/ childcare, you can pay to top this up to 30 hours per week.
If 30 hours is not enough childcare for your needs this can be further topped up using the ‘wrap-around’ service through First Choice Childcare
We try our best to meet parents’ request, however sometimes there may be more applications for a particular intake than there are places. If this happens we will use the over subscription criteria to decide who is offered a place.
Priority 1 Children who will have an older brother or sister attending the school at the same time. (See notes for definition of a sibling)
Priority 2 Looked after children or children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
Priority 3 Children living in the catchment area of the school (catchment areas can be seen on the council’s online maps link)
Priority 4 Children living outside the catchment area based on their distance from home to school measured using the council’s online maps.
How to apply
Contact the school for a form or download one here. You should fill this in and return it to us by the Friday before half term for a start date at the beginning of the following term
|Closing date||Offer date||Start date|
|22 October 2021||5 November 2021||5 January 2022|
|31 December 2021||14 January 2022||25 April 2022|
|31 January 2022||11 February 2022||5 September 2022|
Parents will be notified of the outcome of their application 4 weeks after the closing date by email.
Accepting your place
Parents will have to accept the place within 2 weeks of the offer. Places that have not been accepted will be offered to the next child on the list.
- Attendance at the nursery will not guarantee admission to our reception class or give any advantage to your child’s application for reception. Parents must apply for a reception place through their home local authority.
- Children with an education, health and care plan that names the nursery will be offered a place. This may reduce the number of places available to other applicants.
- Definition of a sibling:
A brother or sister must live at the same address and could be:
- A brother or sister sharing the same parents;
- a half-brother or half-sister, where two children share one parent;
- a stepbrother or stepsister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or civil partnership (a formal arrangement that gives same-sex couples the same legal status as married couples);
- the separate children of couples who live together; or
- an adopted or fostered brother or sister.
- The home address is the place where the child is permanently resident with his or her parents. When a child lives between two addresses we will use the address of the parent who is in receipt of Child Benefit.
- If we cannot distinguish between two applicants because the criterion and distance is the same, for example, children in the same block of flats then the child or children who will be offered will be randomly selected by drawing lots.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be placed on a waiting list in priority order according to the over-subscription criteria. If a place becomes available, the child at the top of the list will be offered the place.
- There is no statutory right of appeal for admission to a nursery setting. Any disputes over the administration of the policy will be dealt with by the school’s complaints procedure.
If you have any questions please contact the school office on 0121 706 3932 and they will be happy to help.